The client Care Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day scheduling and coordinating of caregivers, taking client inquiries, performing non-medical in home assessments, introducing care staff to clients and resolving issues that may arise amongst the client and their staff.
A critical component of the Client Care Coordinators role is to demonstrate the company's culture and to express the highest standards of integrity, excellent follow through and consistency, and exceptional customer service and client satisfaction.
The Client Care Coordinator works as part of a muti-disciplinary team to assure that all the client's needs are being addressed and expertly met. The Client Care Coordinator works directly with the Client Care Supervisor to assure that agency is providing its services in a timely manner that meet the wishes and needs of the agency clients.
- Participate in the referral/intake process for the clients needing home care services
- Supervise the work of all agency non-medical • Supervise the work of all agency non-medical direct care personnel and contractors and assures the Non-Medical In-Home Plan of Care is followed
- Schedules client cases with appropriate field employees, making follow through calls necessary to produce an effective, smooth flowing schedule
- Establishes primary personnel responsibilities and monitors performance against the Plan of Care
- Promotes effective Home Care services in compliance with agency policies and procedures, and in accordance with California State licensing laws and regulations
- Knows and interprets community resources available for continuity of client care
- Participates in quality improvement activities and evaluations of the Agency
- Investigates problems, irregularities, policy violations and other reportable events implementing the appropriate corrective action and follow-up
- Participates in after hours and weekends on-call schedule
- Works closely with office staff to promote inter-agency and intra-agency communication to assure appropriate client care
- Attends appropriate office meetings
- Assists Agency applicants with application and hiring process
- Assists in obtaining client satisfaction surveys
- Answers telephone, take inquiries or messages using good telephone technique
- Helps maintain client charts for the Agency to ensure compliance with record requirements as per policy manual
- Clears daily time card telephony and finalizes payroll schedule prior to processing
- Resolves client complaints/concerns as applicable and documents clearly and concisely
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned
- At least two (2) years of experience supervising home care Personal Care Attendants/ Caregivers.
- Ability to perform non-medical client assessments including: ability to document and communicate medical history, physical health, mental health, and social and environmental needs
- Experience in staffing and managing multiple projects and schedules using scheduling software
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and able to use computer software systems
- Demonstrates self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to deal with a high level of stress, and constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Experience or understanding of the regulatory components of California State Home Care Licensure
- Solid hands on experience in managing and training staff
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, caregivers and administrative staff
- Participate in on-call rotation as assigned which includes weekends, nights and holidays. Participates in client case conferences as requested be the client care supervisor.
- Ability to pass a background check through the State of California, Good Driving record