Our mission at Meridian Prime Nursing is to provide peace-of-mind for our patients and their families as they make the transition to compassionate care in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As a growing home health agency, we are currently seeking energetic, skilled and compassionate Registered Nurses (RN) to be part of a growing team of high-quality nurses and therapists who not only take the time to listen and truly understand the needs and concerns of our patients; but also deliver the highest quality of patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's physician.
About this Position
- Available to provide care at the patient’s home when needed and as scheduled; as well as perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Patient Care Services.
- Monitor and document the patients' responses to care and consult with the patient’s physician, Medical Director and/or other clinical staff members when a change in the plan of care is indicated
- Provide instruction and support to all patients and caregivers regarding the patient’s care and medical status
- Complete and submit required documentation in a timely manner
- Coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team.
- Strong Communication with the agency staff.
- Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with clients, families, and referral sources.
- Locations: Central San Diego, North County, and Coastal positions available
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes
- Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines
- Participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others
- Previous experience in home health, and/or hospice is preferred.
- At least one year of experience in an Acute Care setting (preferred).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Currently working or worked as an RN within the last year.
- Demonstrated independence in providing clinical care
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Motivated and works well in an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Comfortable with EMR documenting.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance and is in good working order.
- Home Health Experience (preferred).
Required License, Certification and Insurance:
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the State of California
- Current CPR Certification
- NSO Malpractice Insurance (www.nso.com)
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws